Monday, November 29, 2010

What they said, what they meant

What he said: Oregon's Jim Moore - “It’s terribly disappointing for our players, and I truly thought we deserved an opportunity to play in the tournament again."

What he meant: "Let's all focus on the players and their disappointment, not our weak pre-conference schedule."

What she said: Mary Wise - "I think the team looks at the draw and thinks there’s some really, really tough first and second round matchups."

What she meant: "Our first round match is not one of those really, really tough matchups."

What he said: Brian Gimmillaro - "Everyone who follows that stuff told me we would get in."

What he meant: "I'd like you to believe that I don't follow 'stuff' the way everyone else does."

What she said: Holly McPeak - "I think (Florida has) the best chance to make it to Final Four out of the Austin (Texas) region."

What she meant: "I think Tuesday has the best chance of following Monday out of all the days of the week."

What he said: Mark Rosen - "We are excited to be in the tournament again this year. We have a tough task ahead of us."

What he meant: "Dude, if we don't have Hunt, we are soooo screwed."

What she said: Butler's Sharon Clark - "Everything has been fun and the girls are excited to play close to their friends and family. We should have a nice crowd following us."

What she meant: "If I know you, and you don't show up at this match, I will end you."

What he said: Joe Sagula - "I am excited for this team and opportunity to continue to play."

What he meant: "Whew! I didn't think we were going to get in! Did you think we were going to get in? I didn't think we were going to get in. I need a vacation."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home