Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let's talk about knee slides.

Look what Nellie hath wrought
New article in the Omaha World-Herald! Lauren Cook! Knee slides! Every point? Every point! Let's go to the text:
"'Sometimes I think it’s a little obnoxious,' John Cook said, chuckling."

Well at least he chuckled. 

"'But she loves it, and the team loves it. She wants to bring energy to this team, and that’s one of the ways she does it. It’s fun, and every recruit we’ve had in here said they love it when they see the energy on our team.'"

Oh... in other words, it's not going away any time soon. So what does Lauren say about the celebration?

"I’m crazy. I love being crazy, and I have so much energy."

(There's a term for that. It's called "tweaking.")

"I don’t know — I wasn’t that crazy in high school. I think it started at UCLA, and it’s just carried over."

Thanks for nothin', Nellie Spicer. 

It sounds like Lauren is fitting in nicely back home in Lincoln. Let's put Cook on the hot seat: which setter is doing better, Lauren or Sydney Anderson?

"She and Sydney statistically are almost dead even, which is great."

Yes, yes it is great. Convenient, and great. 

[wink]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home