Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Baum back in the hizzouse

Arizona's Kristina Baum has been granted a medical redshirt, making her eligible for one final year of action.

Baum tore her ACL last year. We can only hope we'll read her cries of joy on her "Baumer's Blog" because her writing is different than most; it's entertaining. Right now she has a sonnet about Arizona's spring trip to Hawaii, along with a handy-dandy stanza-by-stanza explanation of said poem.

I appreciate the decoding because I'm honestly not sure I could figure out what this means:

Napping at noon, too many pictures, having a purse stole,
Get into bed with a dig and a roll.

(FYI, it's apparently not about falling asleep in the middle of the day after too much attention from paparazzi, your only comfort coming from a scarf with compartments for your wallet, lipstick, and chewing gum. Assorted breads join you in bed.)

The only other source of confusion, if we're being reeeeallly picky, like 7th grade English picky, is the following:
Stanza 4: I think everyone brought back Macadamia nuts for someone back home which were found everywhere even in menus.

For a moment I thought the people back home were found "everywhere even in menus." That's just me. I have issues with misplaced modifiers that are deep-seeded.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home