Monday, March 5, 2007

Lubbock, where the dust bunnies roam free

Texas Tech outside hitter Lindsey Louis has a blog entry on the Texas Tech website where she reflects on how far she's come in the last three years.

"This fall I will be a senior which means I've been here for three years!"

OK, start with some basic math, ease your way into it.

"Before moving up to Lubbock I was nervous because of the stories I had been told about dust storms and lack of things to do in Lubbock."

I think we've all heard those stories. They all talk about Lubbock dust storms that "our Swiffers were powerless against," how they were the only thing that kept people from "going bonkers from sheer, numbing, relentless boredom."

Louis continues: "But to my surprise I ended up loving it here!"

Well, they are just stories. Probably part of Baylor's nefarious counter-intelligence program.

"The campus is beautiful, the people are extremely nice, and there is so much school spirit."

Now she's just making stuff up. And it doesn't get any more believable when Louis refers to the team's 5 a.m. workouts as "really not as bad as it seems."

Perhaps those dust storms are filled with caffeine? Or speed?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home