Sunday, September 4, 2011

Something's afoot at the Cal Poly...

So last year -- you remember last year? -- we had a couple of mid-season firings, something we don't normally get in volleyball. Well, this year it took only two weekends for one to occur, without explanation, via this press release:

The mystery deepened when this turned up on Jon Stevenson's alleged Twitter account:
Watching the team I built, trained, and prepared lose to inferior teams i.e. santa clara and university of utah but I have no access.
Still no explanation. What's the story here? Then that tweet was followed by this one:
look for the truth (when the time is right) on blogger.com. This is sad, sad, sad. I feel horribly for the kids. Folks can call anytime...
This is a little stranger. Where on blogger.com are we supposed to look? I wasn't aware that Stevenson had a blogger.com account, and I'm part of the blogger.com community! I've seen no references to this in our weekly blogger.com meetings. 

And who are these "folks" that have been given the OK to call? Is he expecting phone calls but maybe was on a long-distance call for a long time, so now he wants to let you know, "Hey, if you tried to call earlier, I was talking long-distance. But I'm off the phone now, so...call. Folks. Anytime."

As we said, this is allegedly Stevenson's Twitter account. You're never 100% sure about these things, so we looked at the other tweets.
"Ky Athersone joined our practice yesterday and we had a very spirited workout."
OK, that seems to be a solid indicator that this is Stevenson's account.
"I WAS able to spend time with the Dodd's - Mike, though my friend, has been a great mentor to me."
Has to be Stevenson, right? Atherstone reference, Dodd reference
"It's complicated"...a "chick flick" or reality?
No way this is Jon Stevenson's Twitter account. I refuse to believe he ever watched the movie "It's Complicated." 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home