Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Adventures in Promotions!

Hey, look! LSU's Fran Flory is living in an RV and refuses to move out until the LSU volleyball Twitter page gets 750 followers!

What?

Living in an RV? Is that supposed to seem difficult? Wait, maybe they mean one of those campers that you perch on top of a pickup truck, right?

You have got to be kidding me.

My grandparents lived in an RV like that for 15 years 20 years before Twitter was ever even invented. You know, usually with these types of promotions, people choose to live somewhere that might be perceived as uncomfortable, like on a billboard, or in a tree, or Cleveland, but not in a vehicle that's actually designed for extended habitation.

Now, if Flory were living in, say, an AMC Pacer until she gets 750 followers? With assistant coach Steve Loeswick? Then you'd have something. Otherwise, Bear Grylls is not impressed.

But, 750 followers, that's a fairly lofty goal, right? She's been in that hellhole of an RV for about a day and a half now, how many followers do they have so far? 100? 250?
Huh.

Mission accomplished?

Gee, that was a whole 36 hours of hell for Flory. Impressive. But I can't help but feel a little let down. I wanted updates that said things like, "Day 5 - Things are looking bleak. Ate my last mallomar this morning. The days are just blending together. When will it end?"

So it appears the whole thing is over. Pack it up, back to civilizatio--
Hold the phone, people! Flory's craaaazy. So crazy she's going to stay ONE MORE NIGHT to see if they reach 1,000 followers in, as we said, a vehicle designed for extended habitation.

SOMEBODY STOP HER!

You know what I think is going on here? I think the Flory's were having their floors sanded. They were having their floors done, and Flory's got terrible allergies to sawdust, and she needed an excuse to get out of the house for a couple of days. That's what I think.

"How can I leave my house, get paid for it, AND promote LSU volleyball? Get me those eggheads in the promotions department, STAT."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home