Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's now time for a Totally Manufactured Controversy![tm]

Here's how it breaks down. Mark Rosen says:
"I like the fact that we are going [to Penn State]. To go to a final four, to advance past the round of the 16 and the round of eight, you are going to have to beat some of the best teams in the country. I look at the four top seeds and of those four I probably would most like to play Penn State."

And then the PSU Daily Collegian asks Russ what he thinks about what Rosen said:
"Maybe he thinks we are the worst of the top seeds, but I don't know what he is thinking. Both teams are more familiar with each other than some of the other teams. I would hope that's what he is alluding to. If he is alluding to the fact that he thinks we're the weakest of all the teams, that would be something the players would probably like to hear."

Oh, snap! Oh...

...yeah, not much there. I told you up front it was a manufactured controversy.

6 Comments:

At December 4, 2007 at 9:24 PM , Blogger simplycurious said...

Well, it's not exactly Brandi Brandt 'bulletin board' material, but I'm sure Russ will put a nice spin on it in the locker room prior to the match.

 
At December 5, 2007 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Polymathtobe said...

Russ? Not Russ! Ok, maybe yeah just a little. Well, maybe a little more than that. Definitely not all out assault type of spin. OK, maybe a full blown Lou Holtz distortion.

SC, glad to have the company, I think Dotter is getting sick of me.

 
At December 5, 2007 at 7:39 AM , Blogger dotter said...

No no! I welcome phaedrus!!!

And like I said, there wasn't really much here, but a couple of interesting quotes.

 
At December 5, 2007 at 10:29 PM , Blogger simplycurious said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 5, 2007 at 10:31 PM , Blogger simplycurious said...

Thanks Phaedrus! I've actually posted once or twice before, but don't get here as often as you do. However, I was disappointed when I joined the "insert name of coach here, then some sort of 'glass' analogy" game, but my comment was overlooked. I thought it was a pretty good one, perhaps I was wrong - it wouldn't be the first time! ;-)

 
At December 6, 2007 at 9:12 AM , Blogger dotter said...

Sorry, SC! I didn't see those comments until just now. I really need to go back and check older articles for comments.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home