Thursday, November 29, 2007

Friday for your brackets

For your Friday pre-tourney briefing...
Whoops - Contrary to what I posted the other day, St. John's v. LIU is NOT the Bronx v. Brooklyn. St. John's is actually in Queens. I apologize to Lou Carnesecca and Chris Mullin.

Home cookin' - The coaches with teams playing at home, and possibly all the way through the regionals: Pete Waite sez, "I like where we are." Mary Wise sez, "We feel very fortunate." John Dunning sez, "I think this is the best national tournament ever." And, of course, Russ Rose sez, "We've lost because the service game is bad, so that concerns me a great deal."

We mentioned food - Cal's Kristen Kathan talks a lot about food, how her twin brother Hana Cutura likes dark meat, and the secret to French onion soup.

Did I say that? - Sharon Dingman's previous bad-mouthing of her team paid off, led to less work for her.

You're better than that - Oregon State's Daily Barometer needs new proofreaders reading these articles.

That was us? - Iowa State was really, really not, uh, not good three years ago.

Ribs for Ducks? - Oregon already knows where they're eating after tonight's match, and, according to my count, one Duck apparently has a glass eye.

Take that, NCAA Committee - Tulane didn't want to play in your stupid tournament anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home