Thursday, October 14, 2010

Texas Tech: Just so darn loveable

Well Texas Tech is going down to Austin tomorrow. They're 1-7 in the Big 12, 3-14 overall, after a gut-wrenching 5-game loss to Colorado, 28-26 in the fifth. So how are they approaching this match? Headline me, Daily Toreador!

"Volleyball hoping to rebound at Texas"

Yeah, good luck with that. That's like saying "Brett Favre to seek moral guidance from Snookie."

What does coach Trish Knight have to say?

"All I can tell the kids is that they'll probably be a little more ready for us than they were last year because last year I think they were just like, ‘Ah, it's just Texas Tech, no big deal,' but this year they'll know that we're going to come down and at least try to play a match."
Yes. There's that. I know there's nothing more terrifying than a team that's promising to "at least try to play a match." (shiver)

But Tech does have some momentum on their side. They've already won one more Big 12 match this year than all of last year, and last year they went to Texas and shocked the Longhorns by winning the first game. Senior Jackie Vincent, you know what I'm sayin', right?

"(Winning the first set at Texas last year) boosts our confidence so much."

See! That's the spirit! Give it the good ol' college try! Rah rah sis-boom bah, etc.!

"If we can take a game away from them, then surely we can take the whole match from them."

Right! WAIT --  okay, I don't think the "good ol' college try" includes extrapolating outside the accepted realms of, you know, probability. And who is this Shirley thou hast spoken of? (I think that had to be done, right? You don't get a lot of "surely" these days. Plus I'm a hack. Happy?)

 "I think our real is goal is to take it point-by-point and just push everything we have."

Now that's Raider wisdom I can get behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home