Monday, December 14, 2009

Penultimate Weekend Quotes!

"Sorry. Good luck." - Russ Rose's text message, according to the Honolulu Star Bulletin, to Dave Shoji after the NCAA tournament pairings came out, revealing the 3rd-ranked Wahine seeded 12th.


"I think coaches knew we were deserving of a better seed, that we were a better team (than 12). It should be pretty clear to everyone by now." - Shoji, in same article. He should have added, "And by 'everyone' I mean 'the committee.' Mahalo, committee!"


"We sat in a restaurant in Brazil way back last May and this team talked about wanting to be in the Final Four." - Michigan big cheese Mark Rosen. Kind of long way to go just to brainstorm, doncha' think? Couldn't you have accomplished the same thing at a local Gaucho Steakhouse?


"I want to start by saying that my tie was on for about thirty seconds before I had to loosen it." - Mike Hebert, describing either the tension in the Florida State match, or some kind of deep-seated aversion to knots. (SIDEBAR! Did you know it's "deep-seated" and not "deep-seeded?" I've been wrong about that for years)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home