Monday, November 2, 2009

Quotes. Not "quote" quotes. Just quotes.

"First and foremost, the serving and passing game was much better then Miami’s." - Lee Maes.

"Ultimately it came down to our team doing a consistent job in executing a defensive game plan." - Lee Maes. Well make up your mind: Was it first and foremost or ultimately?

"Volleyball is a two out of three sport." - Jeff Stork. Wait, has there been ANOTHER rule change I haven't heard about yet?! For Pete's sake...

“When you start to do too much, you end up doing nothing good. You do everything, but we weren’t executing anything in the order it has to be to win.” - Arizona's Paige Weber. What is this, an Abbott and Costello routine? I can only assume Weber's answer to the next question was "Third base."

"The defense last weekend was definitely a communal effort." - Duke's Claire Smalzer. "Communal effort"? What kinda commie-lovin' lingo are they teaching America's youths at Duke?! This is exactly the kind of elitist commie pinko garbage that's ruining this country! And I for one are not going to sit here and let them badmouth the United States of America! Gentlemen! Bum, bum-ba bum, bu--what? It wasn't about that? Oh...heh.

"On hand to watch Texas’ sweep were King Leonidas, Pocahontas, a random penguin and an assortment of others." - The Daily Texan, giving us a taste of the atmosphere when the Longhorns hosted the Huskers. My only question is, is "random penguin" code for "non-descript nun" or are we talking "Happy Feet" material?

“They were definitely under my skin.” - Oregon's Sonja Newcombe, on the OSU Beavers. And I think we all know how painful it can be for a duck to get beaver under its skin.

"It's my senior year, and I hate USC." - Cal's Kristen Kathan, letting us know how she feels about Gysin University.

So, knowing this, how'd Kathan feel after the Golden Bears lost game thr--

"I was absolutely furious we lost that third game."

Look, maybe you just need to take a breath, calm dow--

"At one point, everyone was like, 'Kristen, you need to calm down..."

Yeah, I just said that.

"..and I was like, 'I'll calm down when we win.'"

Man, you were out of your tree.

"I don't know. I kind of just flipped out a little bit."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home